Account

The Actual News

Just the Facts, from multiple news sources.

Suspect killed after firing shots near White House security checkpoint, Secret Service says

Suspect killed after firing shots near White House security checkpoint, Secret Service says

Summary

A man opened fire near a White House security checkpoint and was shot dead by Secret Service officers. The suspect, 21-year-old Nasire Best, had a history of legal issues related to the White House area, and no officers or President Trump were harmed in the incident.

Key Facts

  • The shooting happened near 17th Street and Pennsylvania Avenue, close to the White House.
  • The suspect pulled a gun from his bag and fired shortly after 6 p.m. on Saturday.
  • Secret Service officers returned fire and the suspect died later at a hospital.
  • The suspect was identified as Nasire Best, 21 years old.
  • Best had been arrested previously for trying to enter a White House checkpoint without permission.
  • Best claimed to be Jesus Christ during his earlier arrest and did not follow officers’ commands.
  • This was the third shooting incident near President Trump in the past month.
  • President Trump was at the White House during the shooting and was not affected.
  • A bystander was hit but it is unclear if by the suspect or officers’ shots.
  • Journalists at the White House reported hearing numerous gunshots and took shelter.
Read the Full Article

This is a fact-based summary from The Actual News. Click below to read the complete story directly from the original source.