Account

The Actual News

Just the Facts, from multiple news sources.

Trump says he's called off Iran strike planned for Tuesday at request of Gulf allies

Trump says he's called off Iran strike planned for Tuesday at request of Gulf allies

Summary

President Donald Trump announced he is postponing a planned military strike on Iran scheduled for Tuesday. He said the delay is because serious talks are happening to avoid further conflict.

Key Facts

  • President Trump planned a military strike on Iran set for Tuesday.
  • He decided to hold off on the strike because important negotiations are taking place.
  • The announcement came in a social media post on Monday.
  • Over the weekend, Trump warned that time was running out for Iran to reach a deal.
  • Last week, Trump said a ceasefire with Iran was weak and unstable.
  • U.S. and Iranian forces recently exchanged fire.
  • The situation remains tense between the U.S. and Iran.
Read the Full Article

This is a fact-based summary from The Actual News. Click below to read the complete story directly from the original source.