Account

The Actual News

Just the Facts, from multiple news sources.

John Harbaugh Provides Concerning Malik Nabers Update During Giants OTAs

John Harbaugh Provides Concerning Malik Nabers Update During Giants OTAs

Summary

The New York Giants are preparing for the 2026 season under new coach John Harbaugh, with uncertainty about star wide receiver Malik Nabers’ recovery from a serious knee injury. Harbaugh said Nabers’ recovery is complex and unpredictable, and the team is preparing to start the season with or without him.

Key Facts

  • The Giants started Phase III of OTAs on May 19 under head coach John Harbaugh.
  • Malik Nabers tore his ACL in Week 4 of the 2025 NFL season.
  • The recovery from Nabers’ injury is complicated by stiffness, scar tissue, and meniscus damage.
  • Nabers had a second knee surgery earlier this offseason.
  • Harbaugh said Nabers is “in the grind” of recovery but the timeline for return is uncertain.
  • The team hopes Nabers can return during training camp but will prepare to play without him if needed.
  • If Nabers isn’t ready for Week 1, other receivers like Darnell Mooney, Calvin Austin III, and rookie Malachi Fields will have bigger roles.
  • The Giants’ regular season starts on September 13, with training camp likely beginning mid-to-late July.
Read the Full Article

This is a fact-based summary from The Actual News. Click below to read the complete story directly from the original source.