Account

The Actual News

Just the Facts, from multiple news sources.

Ex-Proud Boys leader Enrique Tarrio tells PBS News he believes he's owed tens of millions from DOJ fund

Ex-Proud Boys leader Enrique Tarrio tells PBS News he believes he's owed tens of millions from DOJ fund

Summary

Enrique Tarrio, former leader of the Proud Boys group involved in the January 6 Capitol events, said he supports a new $1.776 billion fund meant to help people who believe they were treated unfairly by the justice system. Tarrio told PBS News he is hopeful to receive money from this fund after his sentence was reduced last year.

Key Facts

  • Enrique Tarrio led the Proud Boys, a far-right group linked to the January 6 Capitol attack.
  • A new $1.776 billion fund was announced to help victims who claim unfair treatment in the justice system.
  • Tarrio praised acting Attorney General Todd Blanche for his role in creating the fund.
  • Tarrio had his prison sentence shortened, called a commuted sentence, in the previous year.
  • Tarrio said he feels he is finally receiving justice through these developments.
  • The fund applies to people who believe they suffered from government wrongdoing or unfair prosecution.
  • Tarrio told this information during an interview with PBS News.
Read the Full Article

This is a fact-based summary from The Actual News. Click below to read the complete story directly from the original source.