The Actual News

Neutral summaries of your favorite news sources — just the facts.

DOJ Court Filing Reveals New Details About Trump's Ballroom Security

DOJ Court Filing Reveals New Details About Trump's Ballroom Security

Summary

The U.S. Department of Justice asked a court to dismiss a legal challenge against President Donald Trump's plan to build a new ballroom at the White House. The DOJ said the recent shooting near the White House shows why the new ballroom is needed for security and safety.

Key Facts

  • The DOJ filed a court document supporting President Trump's ballroom project at the White House.
  • Critics want more review of the ballroom plan, but the DOJ called it a national security issue.
  • A shooting occurred near the White House on a Saturday, seen by officials as an attempt on President Trump's life.
  • The shooter, Nasire Best, fired at officers near a White House checkpoint and was shot and later died.
  • Best was previously detained near the White House in June 2025 for threatening behavior.
  • The new $400 million ballroom will have advanced security features like bulletproof glass, bomb shelters, and a drone port.
  • The DOJ says the ballroom will be safer than temporary tents currently used for White House events.
  • Some security details were revealed due to the lawsuit by the National Trust for Historic Preservation.
Read the Full Article

This is a fact-based summary from The Actual News. Click below to read the complete story directly from the original source.

Save articles & personalize your feed — Create a free account