Ketel Marte doesn’t show up for game and is placed on the restricted list by Diamondbacks
Summary
Arizona Diamondbacks player Ketel Marte did not show up for a game against the Boston Red Sox and was placed on the restricted list. The team says he is dealing with a personal issue, but details are not yet clear.Key Facts
- Ketel Marte is a three-time All-Star second baseman for the Arizona Diamondbacks.
- He missed the August 12, 2026 game against the Boston Red Sox without explanation.
- Manager Torey Lovullo said Marte is dealing with a personal problem.
- Marte was placed on the restricted list after missing the game.
- This is the second time in two seasons Marte went missing during the season.
- Last year, he missed games after his home in Arizona was broken into.
- Arizona called up Jose Fernandez to fill Marte’s spot on the roster.
- Marte had a batting average of .249 with 21 home runs and 67 RBIs in 118 games this season.
Read the Full Article
This is a fact-based summary from The Actual News. Click below to read the complete story directly from the original source.